Fermoy Golf Club was originally formed in 1893 and golf was played at the Aerodrome in Fermoy. In 1972, the club moved to its present location in Corrin Hill. This mature, 18 hole, par 70 heathland course was designed by John Harris and is 5,831m in length.
Harris served with the Royal Navy during World War II, attaining the rank of commander.
Harris once estimated that he had participated in the design, remodeling and construction of over 450 courses. Courses designed by Harris in Ireland include Castle Course in Lahinch, Shannon, Courtown, and Bushfoot, Royal Canberra in Australia, and Estoril GC (1976), with Peter Thomson and Ronald Fream. (Taken from The Architects of Golf, by G S Cornish & R E Whitten (1981)